UJET Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: 20 August 2021 | Privacy Notice Archive
UJET’s dedicated team and awesome technology are disrupting the customer support space. Our Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) platform replaces all of the convoluted systems, lines, and contact numbers of standard customer support with a stunningly simple SDK and Smart Actions – fingerprint, verification, real-time sharing (videos, photos, and screenshots) and effortless in-app texting – plus all data is encrypted, keeping customer data secure. We take the frustration out of customer support and in turn, provide a sleek, secure, and modern smartphone-era experience.
Your privacy is important to us. Please read this Privacy Notice (Notice) carefully as it provides important information on who we are, how we collect, share and use personal data about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. In this Notice, references to “we,” “us,” “our,” or “UJET” are references to UJET, Inc., references to “you” or “users” or “data subject” are references to persons who access, use, and interact with content on our websites.
This Notice only applies to personal data we collect through our career-related websites (such as https://www.ujet.cx/careers/ and https://ujet.breezy.hr) and any related UJET website (together the “Website”),and provide your resume, curriculum vitae, and other personal information to apply for an open position at UJET. By sharing your personal information with us and by continuing to use our Website, you confirm that you have read and understood the terms of this Notice.
You can request a copy of this Privacy Notice by contacting us at email@example.com.
For personal data we collect in other ways, please reference the following other privacy notices.
- When your organization establishes an account with UJET and builds integrated applications, as a customer of organizations using our service as part of their integrated applications, use or otherwise interact with our services and related mobile and web-based applications, please see the UJET Privacy Notice.
- When you visit https://www.ujet.cx/ to browse the UJET website, provide product feedback and surveys, and review information in connection with our products, solutions, and sales and marketing activities and events, please see the UJET Website Privacy Notice
If you have questions regarding this Notice, please contact us using the information in the ‘How to Contact Us’ section below.
This Notice applies to visitors to https://www.ujet.cx/careers or our career openings at https://ujet.breezy.hr who are from the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, but there are privacy regulations and laws specific to certain locations we have addressed separately. If you are in California, the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, please reference the appropriate sections of this Notice for specific rights available to you.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. The Website is directed to people who are at least 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use the Website. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal data about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected personal data about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we may delete the information.
Personal Data We Collect, Process and How We Use It
Types of Information We Collect
Personal Data. When we talk about ‘personal data’ or ‘personal information’ in this Notice, we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. It does not include information that is aggregated or cannot reasonably be linked to you.
Non-Personalized Data. When we talk about data that cannot and does not identify you and cannot be used to reveal yours or another person’s identity, including information that is aggregated or de-identified, this is non-personalized data.
How We Collect Your Data
Voluntarily from You. When you complete a form, make a request, register for a webinar or event, or make any other request verbally or electronically that we contact you or provide you with information.
Offline. When you attend one of our events, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact a UJET representative.
From UJET Business Partners. UJET channel and/or technology partners (Partners) with whom you already have a business relationship or to whom you have provided consent may also send us your first and last name, title, work email address, and phone number as well as your company’s country and state.
From Other Sources. We may combine the personal information you provide us with contact information, company, and business information we obtain from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. We may also collect your personal data from processors/service providers who collect your personal information directly from individuals who visit their sites, publicly available sources, market research surveys, phone interviews, and their business partners.
By Aggregating Information. Aggregated personal data does not personally identify you or any other user of the Website (for example, we may aggregate personal data to calculate the percentage of our users in a particular regional location).
Through Your Browser or Device. When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some locations, including countries in the European Economic Area, the information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Device and software information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Websites, such as apps, you are using. An IP Address, which is a number automatically assigned to the computer you are using by your internet service provider, may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access the Website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited. IP Address collection is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services. Your IP Address may be used to calculate usage levels of the Website, help diagnose problems with its servers, administer the Website, and for monitoring the regions from which you navigate to the Website. UJET also uses it to understand the features of the Website that you use and the time spent on those pages or features, the frequency with which you use the Website, and the search terms, links that you click on or use, and other statistics.
Through Cookies and Other Similar Technologies. “Cookies” include commonly used pieces of information in the form of small files that are placed on an individual’s device to enable the individual to more easily communicate and interact with the Website. When you visit our Website, we may send one or more cookies to your device. They enable us to store information about your device which helps us, amongst other things, to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and enhance the level of services and functionality supported for viewing and interacting with the Website. Third party advertising companies may place or recognize a unique cookie or similar technology on your browser. UJET uses third parties to serve advertisements on other websites you visit, based on information collected about your use of our Website and other websites you visit. Cookies and similar tracking technologies are also used to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and gather demographic information about our overall user base.
For further information about the types of cookies and similar tracking technologies we use, why, and how you can control these tracking technologies, please see our Cookie Notice for more information.
Categories of Personal Data We Collect from You
UJET follows applicable local employment law and may collect the following categories of personal data where and when permitted by law in order to facilitate our hiring process.
- Contact Information. This may include your full name, personal email address, home address and telephone number.
- Professional History and Qualifications. This may include your previous employers, positions and work experience, professional licenses, certificates, skills or other qualifications, and employment references or referrals.
- Educational History and Qualifications. This may include your highest level of education, the schools you attended and when you were in attendance, degrees, certificates or other educational qualifications you earned, and your transcripts or educational references.
- Financial Information. This may include your previous or desired salary, bonus, benefits, expenses, and stock or equity grants.
- Employment Eligibility Information. This may include your legal eligibility for employment in the U.S. or other countries (where applicable) requirement for future sponsorship, or work permit status.
- Equal Opportunity Information. This may include your age, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability or accommodation request, or marital or veteran status when you choose to provide it. This information will not be used in the hiring decision unless specifically permitted by law.
- Background Check Information. When finalizing any offer of employment, we may choose to conduct a background check in connection with your application. This process may include verification of professional and educational history and qualifications or identify criminal history that may be relevant for a position with us. We may need to collect additional information from you to perform the background check (such as your social security number) and the results of the background check may include personal information we do not already have about you. Additional information will be provided in connection with a background check authorization in the event a background check is requested.
- Social Media URLs, Feedback and Content. When you access UJET’s social media pages including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites, or sites where you offer feedback or reviews, we may collect personal information permitted via these sites’ privacy policies and our business relationship with them, using their APIs and other tools. This may include your reactions, written feedback to posts, and other personal data you allow us to collect based on your privacy and personalization settings with these services. Please refer to these sites’ privacy policies for specific information.
- Other Application and Interview Information. You may share other personal information with us during your interview, in your application, CV, resume, transcripts or other supporting documentation. This may include your skills, personality traits or motivations or other information.
- Other Sources. When we collect the personal information described above it may be primarily collected directly from you. We may also collect certain information from references, recruiters, job-related social media sites (such as LinkedIn), and publicly available sources. In addition, we may also collect this information through service providers and other third parties that collect it on our behalf, such as communications providers, scheduling providers and application providers.
How We Use Your Personal Data
UJET uses personal information:
To respond to your requests. During the recruiting process and when you apply for a job with us, your personal information is used to:
- Identify you as a potential candidate and review your application for a position with us.
- Verify the information provided to us in connection with your application or received from other sources.
- Determine your eligibility and suitability for the potential position or other opportunities with us.
- Facilitate the recruiting and interview process.
- Communicate with you about the status of your application or other opportunities with us that may be of interest to you.
Please note that if you accept an offer of employment from us, we may transfer the personal information we collected about you during the recruiting and job application process to your personnel file with us.
For our business purposes. Your personal information is used to help UJET manage its recruiting and employment processes and comply with other required operations to sustain our business and regulatory compliance. This means we may use your personal data to perform the following activities.
- Assess and improve the performance and success of our recruiting and hiring process.
- Conduct internal investigations, audits, compliance, risk management, problem resolution and security operations.
- Fulfill contractual obligations to you and other third parties.
- Comply with applicable law, rule, regulation, legal proceeding and government investigations, including those laws relating to tax reporting and immigration.
Depending on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will vary. We will collect and use your personal data where the processing is in our legitimate business interests, such as for recruiting job applicants for open positions. Our legal basis for processing personal data in certain circumstances will also be based on your consent to do so or where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you or in order to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to enter into a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
As explained above, in fulfilling these purposes, we collect data from different contexts while you are using the Website, including analytics, viewing webinars, requesting documents, and other activities you perform using the Website, and we may use it in combination with data, such as company and business information, we obtain from our processors/service providers to improve your recruiting experience, to make informed business decisions, and for other legitimate purposes.
How We Share Personal Data
We do not sell your personal data or personal information. We do not share your data with third parties for the third parties’ independent business interests, including for their marketing purposes, unless you ask us to do this or give us your consent to do this.
Within UJET. We share personal information relating to job applicants and recruits within our Affiliates (if any) companies for internal administrative purposes and uses that are consistent with this Notice.
Recruiting and Employment-Related Service Providers
Recruiters, and Job Application Providers, and References. We may engage recruiters and job application providers to assist us in identifying potential job applicants and processing job applications we receive. In order for these third parties to assist us in the recruiting and job application process, we may share personal information about potential and current personnel with them. We also may contact professional references you provide us to discuss your job qualifications.
Background Check Providers. When permitted by applicable law and with your consent, we may choose to conduct a background check in connection with a job application, such as to verify professional and educational history and qualifications or identify criminal history that may be relevant for a position with us. In order to facilitate the background check, we share personal information about the relevant job applicant with trusted background check providers.
Other Service Providers. In addition to the third parties identified above, we engage other third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf in connection with the uses of personal information described in the Categories of Personal Data We Collect from You and How We Use Your Personal Data sections above, including assisting us with our recruiting process, personnel management, benefits and services offerings and other related business operations. Depending on the function the third party serves, the service provider may process personal information on our behalf or have access to personal information while performing functions on our behalf.
Consent. We may disclose personal information about you to certain other third parties with your consent.
Other Third Parties
- Any information you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Website or on UJET’s social media sites will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We may disclose personal data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief such action is necessary to comply with national, state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies or public authorities.
- We reserve the right to disclose personal data we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (i) take precautions against liability; (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Website and any facilities or equipment used to make the Website available; or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others, including our customers and our employees.
- Data about our users may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which data is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets. In such an event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal data.
- We may make certain non-personalized data available to third parties for various purposes, including: (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain content, services, and/or functionality available through the Website.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
Residents of the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland
You have the right to access and/or correct, restrict use, request deletion, request portability, object to processing of, and obtain a copy of your personal data. The steps to enable individuals to exercise these rights and fulfill these requests are outlined below. We may require appropriate identity verification information such as your name, address, email address or other information in order to complete these requests, to which we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
You may request us to correct, modify, delete, obtain a copy, request portability or object to processing or restrict the processing of your personal data by contacting email@example.com or by contacting us using the contact details provided under the ‘How to Contact Us’ section below.
Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data (EEA and UK Visitors Only)
We only use your personal data as permitted by law. If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only (i) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you or may otherwise need the personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal data).
If we collect and use your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our Services and communicate with you as necessary to provide our Services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our platform and our Services, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided under the ‘How to Contact Us’ section below.
Residents of California
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) / California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA)
For business purposes in the last twelve months, UJET may have collected, used, and shared personal information about you as described in this privacy statement. Each category of data that may be used by UJET or shared with third parties is categorically outlined in this Privacy Statement.
California consumers have a right to: (1) request access, correction, and deletion of their personal information, (2) opt out of the sale of their personal information; and (3) not be discriminated against for exercising one of their California privacy rights.
All individuals have the right to request access to and deletion of the information UJET holds about them either online via the UJET Individual Rights Data Subject Request Form or by mail to UJET, Inc., Data Protection Officer, UJET Inc., 535 Mission Street, 14th Floor, WeWork, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA. In addition, California residents may also submit a request by calling direct toll free 877-438-8538.
UJET does not sell the personal information of California consumers.
UJET does not discriminate against individuals for exercising their privacy rights.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice Concerning Do Not Track Signals
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Our websites do not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals. Uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted that would enable us to do so. UJET will continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard to determine when it is viable to implement these signals on our websites and offer this choice to you. To learn more about Do Not Track, please click here.
Changes to Marketing Preferences
If we send you employment related marketing communications, you may unsubscribe, modify preferences, or change the frequency of communications at any time by following the instructions contained within the communication. You may also opt-out of receiving direct employment related marketing communications by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact details provided under the ‘How to Contact Us’ section below.
Any changes you make to personal data, preferences or frequency of employment related marketing communications will be reflected in active databases within a reasonable period. However, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period.
If you are located in France, you can also send us specific instructions regarding the use of your personal data after your death, by sending email to email@example.com.
We will take necessary steps to support these requests, to the extent that we are legally required to do so, within one month of receiving your request. Where we are not able to complete a request, we will inform you without delay and within one month of receipt of the request, providing our reasons for not taking the action requested.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area are available here.
Other Important Privacy Information
Security of Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, organizational, and technical safeguards designed to improve the integrity and security of data we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that personal data about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
Where We Store and Process Personal Data
Your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, the Website is hosted in the United States and our third party Processors and partners operate in the United States and in other countries around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Notice as required by applicable local law, including the use of Model Clauses approved by the European Commission. We also participate in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks. Please see our Privacy Shield Notice.
You may request details of such safeguards by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information regarding our transfer mechanisms may be provided upon request.
Our Retention of Personal Data
Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit when we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (this includes backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe we have a legitimate reason to do so.)
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will delete it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Notice. We may update this Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you consistent with the significance of the changes we make, either by email, sent to the e-mail address specified in our database, or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. Your continued use of the Website after the revised Notice has become effective indicates that you have read and understood the current version of this Notice. We will obtain your consent to any material Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Notice.
How to Contact Us
We hope any disputes relating to our protection of your personal data can be resolved in direct communication with you. Please contact us with questions or comments about this notice, personal data we collected and processed about you, our use and sharing practices, or your consent, correction, modification, or deletion choices by email at email@example.com.
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or a question for UJET’s Data Protection Officer, please contact us by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to questions or concerns within one month.
If you have a dispute with us related to our protection of your personal data, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Unless otherwise stated, UJET, Inc. is the data controller of Personal Data we collect through the Website. Our address is:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
UJET Inc., 535 Mission Street
If you have a technical or support question, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about UJET Support.