UJET Website Privacy Notice
Last Updated: September 1, 2023 | Privacy Notice Archive
UJET’s dedicated team and awesome technology are disrupting the customer support space. Our Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) platform replaces all of the convoluted systems, lines, and contact numbers of standard customer support with a stunningly simple SDK and Smart Actions – fingerprint verification, real-time sharing (videos, photos, and screenshots), and effortless in-app texting – plus all data is encrypted, keeping customer data secure. We take the frustration out of customer support and in turn, provide a sleek, secure, and modern smartphone-era experience.
This Notice only applies to personal data we collect through our websites (such as https://www.ujet.cx) and any related UJET website (together the “Website”), product feedback and surveys, and in connection with our events and sales and marketing activities. By sharing your personal information with us and by continuing to use our Website, you confirm that you have read and understood the terms of this Notice.
You can request a copy of this Privacy Notice by contacting us at email@example.com.
For personal data we collect in other ways, please reference the following other privacy notices.
- When your organization establishes an account with UJET and builds integrated applications, as a customer of organizations using our service as part of their integrated applications, use or otherwise interact with our services and related mobile and web-based applications, please see the UJET Privacy Notice.
- When you visit https://www.ujet.cx/careers and browse our career openings at https://ujet.cx/jobs or https://boards.greenhouse.io/ujet, and provide your resume, curriculum vitae, and other personal information to apply for an open position at UJET, please see the UJET Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
If you have questions regarding this Notice, please contact us using the information in the ‘How to Contact Us’ section below.
This Notice applies to all visitors to the Website, and depending upon your specific region, additional rights may be available to you. Please reference “How to Access and Control Your Personal Data” for additional information.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. The Website is directed to people who are at least 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use the Website. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal data about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected personal data about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we may delete the information.
Personal Data We Collect, Process and How We Use It
Types of Information We Collect
Personal Data. When we talk about ‘personal data’ or ‘personal information’ in this Notice, we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person. It does not include information that is aggregated or cannot reasonably be linked to you.
Non-Personalized Data. When we talk about data that cannot and does not identify you and cannot be used to reveal yours or another person’s identity, including information that is aggregated or de-identified, this is non-personalized data.
How We Collect Your Data
Voluntarily from You. When you complete a form, make a request, register for a webinar or event, or make any other request verbally or electronically that we contact you or provide you with information.
Offline. When you attend one of our events, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact a UJET representative.
From UJET Business Partners. UJET channel and/or technology partners (Partners) with whom you already have a business relationship or to whom you have provided consent may also send us your first and last name, title, work email address, and phone number as well as your company’s country and state.
From Other Sources. We may combine the personal information you provide us with contact information, company, and business information we obtain from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. We may also collect your personal data from processors/service providers who collect your personal information directly from individuals who visit their sites, publicly available sources, market research surveys, phone interviews, and their business partners.
By Aggregating Information. Aggregated personal data does not personally identify you or any other user of the Website (for example, we may aggregate personal data to calculate the percentage of our users in a particular regional location).
Through Your Browser or Device. When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. This information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws, and may include:
- Device and software information, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Websites, such as apps, you are using;
- IP Address at the time of the Website visit and the page(s) that you visited. Your IP Address may also be used to calculate usage levels of the Website, help diagnose problems with its servers, administer the Website, and for monitoring the regions from which you navigate to the Website. UJET also uses IP Address to understand the features of the Website that you use and the time spent on those pages or features, the frequency with which you use the Website, and the search terms, links that you click on or use, and other statistics.
Through Cookies and Other Similar Technologies. Cookies store information in the browser or on your device, which enables you to more easily communicate and interact with the Website. When you visit our Website, we may send one or more cookies to your device. They enable us to store information about your device which helps us, amongst other things, provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and enhance the level of services and functionality supported for viewing and interacting with the Website. Third-party advertising companies may place or recognize a unique cookie or similar technology on your browser. Cookies and similar tracking technologies may also be used to collect and store information about your usage on the Website, analyze trends, and gather demographic information about our overall user base. UJET also partners with third parties who may use these technologies to gather information about how you view and use our Website. These partners may serve advertisements on other websites you visit.
For further information about the types of cookies and similar tracking technologies we use, why, and how you can control these tracking technologies, please see our Cookie Notice (https://ujet.cx/cookie-notice) for more information.
Categories of Personal Data We Collect from You
Prospective or Existing Customer Contact Information. This personal information includes your first and last name, job title, work email address, and phone numbers. We also collect the country and state in which you reside.
Partner Contact Information. If you are employed by one of UJET’s business partners, this personal information includes your first and last name, job title, work email address, and phone numbers.
Your Mailing Address. We may augment your contact information with your mailing address, which we obtain from you, our Partners, or a Processor/Service Provider, in order to send you a postal mail or other delivery of product information or gifts.
Special Information. If you register for an event where we are serving food or drink, you may voluntarily provide information related to your dietary requirements and/or any disability or impairment which requires special accommodation at the event, or other information that may be used to provide hospitality for attendees of our events.
Social Media URLs, Feedback and Content. When you access UJET’s social media pages including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites, or third-party sites where you offer feedback or reviews, we may collect personal information permitted via these sites’ privacy policies and our business relationship with them, using their APIs and other tools. This may include your reactions, written feedback to posts, and other personal data you allow us to collect based on your privacy and personalization settings with these services. Please refer to these sites’ privacy policies for specific information.
How We Use Your Personal Data
UJET uses personal information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you requested materials and newsletters, subscribe you to blogs or newsletters, register you for webinars and other events, schedule a product demonstration or ask you to complete a survey, enable you to download a document, ebook, or provide you with other information and materials regarding our products and services.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Website and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you, including via phone, email, SMS, postal mail, or other delivery, in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences.
- Where we have your consent (where required under applicable law) to use your information for marketing. Where we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent by contacting us.
- To personalize your experience on the Website by presenting product information, resources and offers tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Website and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including those outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates (if any); (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Depending on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will vary. We will collect and use your personal data where the processing is in our legitimate business interests, such as for direct marketing. Our legal basis for processing personal data in certain circumstances will also be based on your consent to do so or where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you or in order to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to enter into a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
As explained above, in fulfilling these purposes, we collect data from different contexts while you are using the Website, including analytics, viewing webinars, requesting documents, and other activities you perform using the Website We may use it in combination with data, such as company and business information, we obtain from our processors/service providers to improve your user experience, make informed business decisions, and for other legitimate purposes.
How We Share Personal Data
UJET and its affiliates (if any) do not sell your personal data or personal information. We do not share your data with third parties for the third parties’ independent business interests, including for their marketing purposes, unless you ask us to do this or give us your consent to do this.
Third-Party Business Partners
UJET partners with a variety of technical and channel partners and works closely with them to market or sell their and UJET’s products or services. In certain situations, these businesses operate within the Website. We may disclose personal information to our partners for the purposes described above. UJET works with some of our third-party business partners to co-sponsor events and other offerings. When you sign up for events or offerings to allow our partners to send you marketing communications and information that may be of interest to you, we may share personal data with these co-sponsors as permitted under applicable law.
UJET Processors/Service Providers
We work with third-party processors (also known as service providers) to provide development tools and platforms, hosting, maintenance, marketing, analysis, prospective customer contact information, to manage and host events, provide communications, provide support for our sales and marketing activities, and perform other services for us. Our service providers may have access to or process personal and other data about you to provide their services to us and in accordance with our instructions. We limit the personal and other data provided to service providers to data necessary for them to provide their services consistent with our purposes of collection.
We take steps to ensure that third-party service providers are contractually or legally required to maintain the confidentiality and security of such data, including requirements to mitigate security risks by notifying UJET when they discover a privacy or security breach involving UJET’s personal data and to take immediate steps to correct or address the security failure that led to the breach. Our service providers, to the extent necessary, are also required to support requests for correction, modification, and deletion of personal data and other requests to support your rights under applicable data protection laws. We also require them to impose equivalent requirements on their processors.
You can request a current list of our service providers by contacting us at email@example.com.
How Visitors Can Opt-Out of Receiving Cross-Device Advertising. As noted above, your personal information is being used for our own marketing purposes. Our advertising partners may perform a hash of your email address to serve targeted advertising to other devices connected to you (via cross-device tracking). Visitors can find instructions on how to opt-out from receiving cross-device site advertising (i.e., tracking a user across devices) by accessing their device settings or visiting and employing the controls described on the NAI’s Consumer Opt Out site.
Please see our Cookie Notice for more information.
Other Third Parties
- UJET Blog and Social Media Pages. Any information you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Website or on UJET’s social media sites will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users. Take care not to post any information you do not want to make public, as this information may be searched by third parties.
- Comply with Law. We may disclose personal data if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or government agencies, or to investigate or participate in civil discovery, litigation, or other adversarial legal proceedings.
- Protection of UJET and Others. We reserve the right to disclose personal data we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (i) take precautions against liability; (ii) protect you, us, or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Website and any facilities or equipment used to make the Website available; or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others, including our customers and our employees.
- Business Transfers. Data about our users may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which data is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets. In such an event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal data.
- Profiling and Automated Decision Making. We may make certain aggregated or non-personalized data available to third parties for various purposes, including: (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Website.
- Non-Personalized Data. We use and disclose non-personalized data for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat non-personalized data as personal data under applicable law, then we would use or disclose it in the same way that we use and disclose personal data. In some instances, we may combine non-personalized data with personal data (such as combining your name with the name of your organization). If that combination permits you to be identified, we will treat the combined information as personal data for as long as it is combined.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
Residents of the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data (EEA and UK Visitors Only)
We only use your personal data as permitted by law. If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will normally collect personal data from you only (i) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you or may otherwise need the personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we collect and use your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third-party), this interest will normally be to operate our Services and communicate with you as necessary to provide our Services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our platform and our Services, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided under the ‘How to Contact Us’ section below.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area are available here.
Residents of California and Other Applicable States
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA, CPRA) / Colorado Privacy Act (CPA) / Connecticut Data Privacy Act (CTDPA) / Iowa Privacy Act (IPA) / Utah Consumer Privacy Act (UCPA) / Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA) / And Other U.S Privacy Laws as Applicable
For business purposes in the last twelve months, UJET may have collected, used, and shared personal information about you as described in this privacy statement. Each category of data that may be used by UJET or shared with third parties is categorically outlined in this Notice.
California consumers have the right to: (1) request access, to know, limit use and disclosure of sensitive personal information, correction, and deletion of their personal information, (2) opt-out of the sale of their personal information; and (3) not be discriminated against for exercising one of their California privacy rights.
All individuals have the right to request access to and deletion of the information UJET holds about them either online via the UJET Individual Rights Data Subject Request Form or by mail to UJET, Inc., Data Protection Officer, UJET Inc., 535 Mission Street, 14th Floor, WeWork, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA. In addition, California residents may also submit a request by calling direct toll free 877-438-8538.
UJET does not sell the personal information of California consumers.
UJET does not discriminate against individuals for exercising their privacy rights.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice Concerning Do Not Track Signals
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Our websites do not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals. Uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted that would enable us to do so. UJET will continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard to determine when it is viable to implement these signals on our websites and offer this choice to you. To learn more about Do Not Track, please click here.
Changes to Marketing Preferences
If we send you marketing communications, you may unsubscribe, modify preferences, or change the frequency of communications at any time by following the instructions contained within the communication. You may also opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact details provided under the ‘How to Contact Us’ section below.
It may take us up to ten business days to process any changes you make to personal data, preferences, or frequency of marketing communications and you may continue receiving promotional communications during this period.
If you are located in France, you can also send us specific instructions regarding the use of your personal data after your death by sending an email to email@example.com.
Other Important Privacy Information
Security of Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, organizational, and technical safeguards designed to improve the integrity and security of data we collect and maintain in accordance with our security certifications (https://ujet.cx/security). Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that personal data about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
Where We Store and Process Personal Data
Your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country.
Specifically, the Website is hosted in the United States and our third-party processors/service providers and partners operate in the United States and in other countries around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information, we may process it in any of these countries.
We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information remains protected in accordance with this Notice and as required by applicable local law, including the use of Model Clauses approved by the European Commission where applicable. We also participate in the EU-US Data Privacy Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework. Please see our Data Privacy Framework Notice.
You may request details of such safeguards, or regarding our transfer mechanisms by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Retention of Personal Data
Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain your personal data when we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (this includes backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe we have a legitimate reason to do so).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will delete it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
Please revisit this page periodically to stay current on any changes to this Notice. We may update this Notice from time to time to account for changes in our collection and/or processing of personal data, or in response to changing legal, technical, or business developments. We will post the updated Notice on our website with a “Last Updated” date at the top. If we make material changes to this Notice, or if required by applicable law, we will notify you at the e-mail address specified in our database, or by another prominent means prior to the change becoming effective. Your continued use of the Website after the revised Notice has become effective indicates your acknowledgment of the updated version of this Notice.
How to Contact Us
We hope any disputes relating to our protection of your personal data can be resolved in direct communication with you. Please contact us with questions or comments about this notice, personal data we collected and processed about you, our use and sharing practices, or your consent, correction, modification, or deletion choices by email at email@example.com.
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or a question for UJET’s Data Protection Officer, please contact us by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to questions or concerns as soon as possible.
If you have a dispute with us related to our protection of your personal data, please contact us by email at
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
If we can’t resolve the dispute and you are not located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, please see the Dispute Resolution and Arbitration section of our Terms of Service (https://ujet.cx/terms-of-service), which describes how disputes will be resolved between us. Please be sure to review our Terms of Service before you use the Website.
Unless otherwise stated, UJET, Inc. is the data controller of personal data we collect through the Website. Our address is:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
UJET Inc., 535 Mission Street
If you have a technical or support question, please send email to email@example.com to learn more about UJET Support.